In this article, we will explore some of the best online marketing jobs that are available today. We would also consider what each job would entail. As well as the approximate pay scale.
Online marketing jobs are in demand and there is a lot of competition for them. To get the best internet marketing job, you need to know what you’re doing and understand how to get experience.
Some corporations have been struggling to keep up with the changes in technology. Hence, online marketing is a fast-growing industry. This is because of the increased demand for online marketing services for struggling entities.
- 01. Online Marketing Manager
- 02. Content Marketing Manager
- 03. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
- 04. Social Media Manager
- 05. Email Marketing Manager
- 06. Mobile Marketing Manager
- 07. Web Analytics Analyst or Digital Analyst
- 08. Brand Manager
- 09. Online Reputation Manager
- 10. Digital Public Relations Manager
Online Marketing Jobs and Duties
The following will interest persons looking to advance their careers. Do you have internet advertising skills? You may be desirous of starting an online marketing career. Or you may have years of online marketing experience. So, no, you would like to put your leadership and management skills to use in a digital advertisement role. Let’s look at some of the main and best online marketing jobs. You will see their description, responsibilities, duties, and salary scales available today.
01. Online Marketing Manager
Online marketing management responsibilities and job duties include:
- Drive new website traffic via SEO, PPC, Social Media, Blogging, Email Marketing, Retargeting
- Create compelling copy for landing pages and advertisements to generate qualified leads.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns that align with company goals.
- Manage social media channels to increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Optimize website for conversions and monitor analytical data.
- Test new marketing avenues to increase ROI.
An Online Marketing Manager’s salary scale is $41,000 – $98,000.
02. Content Marketing Manager
The Content Marketing Manager provides content for various internet channels. Product planning and product marketing. This includes the creation of content, whether articles or multimedia. Gathering information, prioritizing, and managing content. The Content Manager works closely with all other marketing departments. This collaborative effort assists brands to deliver winning content on all mediums.
Content marketing management responsibilities and job duties include:
- Define the content strategy and roadmap.
- Write copy for landing pages, websites, blog posts, infographics, social media posts, email campaigns, podcasting, video marketing, etc.
- Track the performance of published content.
- Collaborate with designers and other online marketing professionals to make sure content is aesthetically appealing.
- Ensure content effectively promotes the company’s brand.
- Support SEO efforts through keyword research and analysis.
Assist in content strategy development by conducting competitor analysis or industry trends research.
A Content Marketing Manager’s salary scale is $46,000 to $101,000.
03. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
The SEO Specialist will be responsible for optimizing your business website.
SEO manager’s responsibilities and job duties include:
- Implement best practices for SEO, including onsite optimization.
- Do link building to increase internal links and backlinks to websites.
- Conduct SEO keyword research for the best search terms in your niece.
- Ensure content writing, content marketing, and other related activities use SEO techniques.
- Improve organic traffic to the website.
- Analyze data, report progress, and identify SEO opportunities.
SEO specialist salary scale is $35,000 to $65,000.
04. Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager manages all social media activity for the company. This includes updating all social media channels with content. As well as responding to customer inquiries and monitoring social media conversations. A social media manager ensures the company’s voice is heard.
Social media management responsibilities and job duties include:
- Create social media channels appropriate for the business niche. Such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and Instagram.
- Develop content calendars for sharing content on social media.
- Update the company’s social accounts with relevant content.
- Engage in conversation with followers on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and Instagram pages.
- Monitor customer feedback on across social media platforms.
- Respond to customer inquiries and comments on social media channels
- Use social media to collect feedback from customers through surveys.
- Collaborate with other marketing departments to develop promotional campaigns specifically for social platforms.
- Design graphics for posts on the company’s different social media channels.
- Track analytics for each of the company’s social media channels.
- Coordinate and monitor paid social media advertising.
The Social Media Manager salary scale is $35,000 to $80,000.
05. Email Marketing Manager
The Email Marketing Manager deals with marketing and promotional campaigns via emails. They put best practices into handling a company’s email marketing program. This includes developing and executing email marketing campaigns. But, also analyzing the results of those campaigns.
Email marketing management responsibilities and job duties include:
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns to achieve company goals.
- Discover innovative non-invasive ways to capture prospects’ email addresses.
- Design emails that will resonate with customers.
- Write copy that motivates customers to use your product or service.
- Ensure a positive customer experience.
- Optimize emails for maximum deliverability by following industry best practices.
- Analyze campaign results to measure success and adjust as necessary.
- Manage the content of the company’s newsletter.
- Develop new content ideas for future campaigns.
- Use email marketing tools to create, distribute, monitor, automate, manage, and analyze email campaigns.
- Work with other departments to develop promotional ideas for distribution via email.
An Email Marketing Manager’s salary scale is $50,000 to $100,000.
06. Mobile Marketing Manager
The Mobile Marketing Manager is responsible for the flow of the website on mobile devices. They work with the online marketing team as well as website developers. Mobile marketing managers must ensure websites are responsive. Their work also deals with planning, executing, and optimizing mobile marketing methods. They create mobile ad campaigns across all platforms to achieve marketing goals.
Mobile Marketing management responsibilities and job duties include:
- Plan and execute mobile marketing campaigns.
- Institue methods to achieve mobile online marketing goals, with a focus on ROI and KPIs
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer journey to create compelling personas.
- Work closely with other members of the online marketing department. Such as SEO specialist, digital analyst.
- Collaborate with the website development teams to ensure that plans align.
- Ensure developers and engineers create mobile-friendly, responsive websites and apps.
- Create mobile content that resonates with a target audience on specific platforms.
- Use A/B testing tools, Google Analytics, etc to optimize for the greatest conversion rate.
- Lead the campaign development process from ideation to deliver.
- Track success metrics to assess campaign performance and optimize for future campaigns
- Use Google AdWords or other ad platforms for mobile advertisement.
- Evaluate the performance of mobile advertising campaigns.
- Communicate results back to stakeholders.
Mobile Marketing Manager salary is $64,000 to $78,200.
07. Web Analytics Analyst or Digital Analyst
The Web Analytics Analyst will be responsible for methodically inspecting the brand’s website. They develop and implement web analytics solutions to support a business. Their tasks include measuring the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns. Also, they must test to see whether the website optimization techniques are working.
Web Analyst responsibilities and job duties include:
- Study the website and its performance.
- Design and execute tests to optimize website performance.
- Analyze web data using Google Analytics or other industry-standard tools.
- Troubleshoot website issues and improve user experience.
- Implement improvements to convert more website visitors into customers.
- Provide web analytical reports for other online marketing team members.
Web Analyst salary scale is $48,000 to $98,000.
08. Brand Manager
Brand management is a function of marketing. The Brand Manager is responsible for the companies’ unique brand and message. This includes managing the brand throughout its lifecycle and working with other departments. Such as production and sales departments.
Brand management responsibilities and job duties include:
- Brand managers manage the perceptions of a brand.
- Utilize advertising, social media, public relations, and other marketing communications.
- Define the brand strategy and roadmap.
- Building brand equity and develop the core positioning and messaging for the brand.
- Managing the brand over its lifespan.
- Planning and executing advertising campaigns.
- Planning and executing public relations campaigns.
- Evaluating customer feedback to improve the customer experience.
- Developing marketing collateral for various channels.
- Monitoring industry trends to stay ahead of competitors.
A Brand Manager’s salary scale is $45,000 to $115,000.
09. Online Reputation Manager
Online reputation manager responsibilities and job duties:
- Develop and execute a cohesive online strategy, in coordination with other teams.
- Maintain the company’s online reputation through proactive engagement as appropriate.
- Engage in ongoing conversations about the company’s products or services online.
- Provide customer service and increase customer satisfaction.
- Monitor the mention of the brand, products, and services around the web. Such as all major social media platforms, websites, and search engines.
- Interact proactively with customers through appropriate channels.
- Maintain compliance with applicable regulations.
Online Reputation Manager salary scale is $45,000 to $64,000.
10. Digital Public Relations Manager
A public relations manager handles the relationship of a brand in the media. Similarly, the Digital Public Relations Manager handles the online aspect of the brand in the media. They are responsible for developing a relationship with the brand and communication outlets. As well as developing and executing a digital PR strategy. This includes establishing key relationships with journalists, editors, bloggers, and social media influencers.
Digital public relations management responsibilities and job duties include:
- Develop a comprehensive digital PR strategy that builds brand awareness.
- Build relationships with journalists and editors to establish credibility.
- Provide insider access to our organization’s latest news and story ideas.
- Pitch potential media stories to digital media outlets. Such as blogs, bloggers, websites, social media influencers, etc.
- Work along with the social media manager and content marketing specialist. Strategize content for company blog posts and social media posts.
- Proactively, monitor and keep up with digital trends.
Digital Public Relations Manager salary scale is $37,000 to $74,000.
Closing: How to Get a Job in Online Marketing?
Firstly, one may wonder, are digital marketing jobs in demand.
The simple answer is yes. The online marketing field is not saturated with employees. Matter of fact, there are many other online marketing careers rooted in this field. But, there are not enough workers and professionals to fill the gap.
While there are many types of online marketing jobs, it’s not easy to get into this field. To have an online marketing career one must have sound prior work experience.
You can research available online marketing positions on sites like Career Builder, Monster, or ZipRecruiter. Be sure to tailor your resume and cover letter to each job description when applying for a position. This will increase your chances for success as you won’t be applying using a generic application.
When you first start in the industry, start with an online marketing entry-level job. Find one that lets you put your skills to use. If you want to increase your chances of getting a job, have an online presence. The more places where potential employers can find you, the better. You should have a professional LinkedIn page. An active social media presence on sites like Twitter and Instagram may help.
You can also build your online marketing portfolio by being a freelancer. Use sites like Fivver, Guru, and Upwork to find online marketing remote jobs. This will help you to build your digital marketing expertise and work experience.
How much do online marketing jobs pay? To assess the pay scales for these online marketing jobs we used Payscale.com, Glassdoor.com, and Salary.com. Based on these sites’ base pay we can see the scale of online marketing jobs’ salaries. The online marketing careers considered pay scale ranges from $35,000 to $115,000.